Thursday, May 28, 2009

Visiting Teaching!

Dear Rebecca Madsen!   (and others) 

Thanks for being a great Visiting Teacher!   I really enjoy our visits, getting to know each other and growing spiritually together!  She gave the one of the best lessons ever and at the end we both said how much we both  needed to hear this wonderful message!  I loved it so much that I want to share it with my bloggers!      

The Lesson was taking from the April GC talk of President Uchtdorf!  Many sisters probably didn't here it because it was  from the Priesthood session.   I hope that you can all take some time and read it.  The main thing Rebecca wanted to point out from the talk was about how easily distracted we get from things that matter most to us.  And how easily we can get distracted from our sacred duties as mothers, wives, friends, sisters, and what ever other title you may hold.  I found that to be so true in my life in many many ways.  And I am glad I got to talk to Rebecca about it because we had a lot of the same distractions.  One being the time we spend on the internet... BLOGGING... how funny that I am blogging about the distractions of blogging.  But I felt this was a good way to share a bit of my testimony with you.    

I do have a testimony of a few things and two of those are the love Heavenly Father has for each of us, and Visiting Teaching and I am always amazed how well those both go together.  I feel that one of the ways Heavenly Father shows his love for us, is by giving us VT that can come in to our homes and share a wonderful message that 10 times out 10 we need to hear in our busy lives.   I am always grateful for those messages and so lucky that I can be in tune with the spirit to be able to learn and grow from them and implement them in my families daily routine.  I do feel like a lot of my problems in life would go away if I focused more on the little important things like prayer, scripture study, and things like that instead of being negative or petty.  Wow what would this world be like if we took all the time we felt negative or petty and read our scriptures or  prayed about it...  Its something to think about.       I could go on and on, but I am distracting most of you so get off the computer and go do whatever you were putting off doing. I do want to say that I know Heavenly Father loves YOU and wants the best for YOU and I hope I helped you feel uplifted and not like you wasted 5 mins of your life. 

Love Always, 
Leah 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks. I really needed that post. It was so good to visit with you. I definitely need to do those things as well...I know it would help me in all areas of my life. Take care.

Jordan said...

I feel uplifted!

 
Blog Design by April Showers