Thursday, March 18, 2010

My shopping trip! A good time.



I just wanted to share a little story about my weekly shopping trip. This week it happen on Monday right after I took young son to his Dentist appointment. He did SO GOOD and I guess he did not have any cavities, because nobody told me. But he did not cry and scream. He did much better then I do at the Dentist. The Dentist appointment was at 9:30 and we were done by 10!! Wow you can be impressed.

So we head to Albertsons... which was bought out by some company is now called The Fresh Market. I think its a stupid name and it will always be Albertsons to me. It is pretty much just like the other grocery store here and town and they have the same things on sale each week, So I am kinda bummed by that and sometimes forced to shop at Wal-Mart. But back to the shopping trip! All is going well I get most everything I need and some I don't. Diet Coke was on sale 5 cases for $14 and I was Happy because this is a BIG score so i buy 5 cases!! Now this is key because I have a cart of groceries, toilet paper, I mean my cart is loaded down with food and 2.5 year old and most importantly coke. So I check out and not to bad I did not have a heart attack. I head out the door... now my 5 cases of coke are on the bottom of the cart and one slips out and falls off the cart and I run over it and bust it open, and the cans go EVERYWHERE. I freak out a bit and run to catch them... because 1- I don't want to loose my coke and B) I don't want to cause an accident or damage to a car... I did not think much of this UNTIL I told the story to one of my classmates and we are both just busting a gut laughing... Can you image me running around the parking lot trying to collect rolling cans of coke?? haha I am glad I can about it after the fact... also I am a little embarrassed that I left my son in the cart in the middle of the parking lot while I was getting my coke.... but not to much. Hope you had a good laugh! And don't call Social Services on me.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I would do anything to save the Diet Coke too!

Wonder Woman said...

That's too funny. I'm enjoying the mental picture.

I went there to get my DDP. I got (4) 2 liters and they broke the bags as I was putting them in the car. I was so afraid they were gonna burst....

I just found out my son has a b-day party tomorrow in Orem. I'm gonna drop him off before heading to SLC, so don't worry about the ride. I look forward to seeing you and Kerri, though!

Jordan said...

Oh, I can just see it! Wish I was there!

 
Blog Design by April Showers