Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday recipe box!

OOO lucky you... A rare Sunday post! I was feeling a little bad about not posting a few days this week or a recipe in the last little bit so here is a crock pot favorite that has a few different things you can do with it and for leftovers....

Chicken Fajitas

3 or 4lbs frozen boneless skinless chicken tenders or breast ( I don't know I just dump a bunch in.. almost 3/4 of the crock)
3 peppers... like red, bell,yellow, or orange you pick but 3 different colors.
1 large onion
1 package dry onion soup
4 cups salsa
1/2 cup water
salt and peper


Place frozen chicken in a greased crock pot, salt and pepper, cover with salsa, water, and soup mix. chop peppers and onion into thin strips just like you would for fajitas and place them over the chicken cover and cook till done... I would say about 7 hours on low 3 or 4 on high. You know your crock better then me. =)


What to do with all this chicken... I like to make a bunch and you can add more spicy to it as you see fit so make it your own. So you can either serve it on tortillas with sour cream and cheese fajita style very yum or even do chicken soft tacos.. kinda the same thing in our house. OR you can make Quesadillas so yummy I do this with left over meat very easy. OR you can make a southwestern chicken and rice OH YES... just make your regular chicken and rice and add corn and black beans which pretty makes anything southwestern. So good so easy. Have a good Sunday.

Yet again I did not come up with this I found it in the 101 things to do with a crock. It is a must have cookbook along with 101 more things to do with a crock... since I could not find mine I am just going by my memory because I don't even look at the recipe when I make this... just if I write I down

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

My mom used to make fajitas all the time, but I haven't had them in years!

 
Blog Design by April Showers