Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Recipe Box!

NO BAKE COOKIES

2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter into a big saucepan on medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for at least a min. Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal mix well. Drop by teaspoon onto wax-paper and let cool

MY HINTS: Measure out ingredients first and keep them by the stove so you don't have to run around while you have to stand by the stove and watch them... Why do you have stand by the stove..... so your sugar doesn't burn! And lay out your wax paper before you start cooking so you aren't running around like a crazy person! Preparation is key in this recipe


Super Easy Super Fun!!! One of my favorites. This recipe is found in EVERY Southern's cookbook, its a staple in the summer when its to hot to turn the stove on, yet to hot for the cookies to set right so you have to put them in the fridge!! I have made these while living in Utah and they set up FAST and are a little dry.... But I still love them. I was talking to my friend Susan today who makes something similar and I was surprised there was a different recipe for these. Let me know if you have another recipe for No Bake / Stovetop cookies!

1 comment:

sherbugs said...

These are my favorite cookies of all time. I eat them straight from the pan and could care less about them setting up. The molten chocolate gooeyness is the best! I am very disturbed by the people that seem to think coconut should be used...I say EWWWW (fruit doesn't belong in your food)!

 
Blog Design by April Showers